"Green-Eyed Monster" is episode 4 of season 2. It had an estimated audience size of 3.12 million US viewers on its first airing.
A woman hires Veronica to investigate her fiancé, but it turns out all her fears were in her mind. Meanwhile, Meg's sister Lizzie brings Meg's laptop to Veronica and Duncan so that her parents won't get what is on it. And the man in Chicago is Nathan Woods, a Chicago cop, who reveals to Wallace that he's his father.
- Veronica questions Weevil about an earring the sheriff's department found that was his.
- Weevil got an anonymous call that stated "Curly" Moran was responsible for the bus crash. Veronica traces the call to the Echolls' house, but it was during Logan's Life's Short party (which both the PCHers and the sheriff's department crashed), so it could have been anyone.
- Lizzie brings Duncan Meg's laptop and asks him to remove all of Meg's personal files. Veronica gets Mac to help.
- Keith finds out that the man in Chicago is Carl Morgan, but it turns out that is just an undercover alias for Nathan Woods, a Chicago cop and Alicia's former husband. He's also Wallace's father.
- "Jealousy" - Stereophonics
- "Jealous Love" - Robert Cray
- "So Jealous" - Tegan and Sara
Quotes and trivia
- Veronica: [voiceover] Are you crazy Duncan? Leaving this out in the open? Do you leave heroin out when Iggy Pop spends the night?
- Veronica: [voiceover] The only way I'd ever make two grand in a week working at the Hut is if they installed a pole.
- Veronica: Julie! Stand down. He's not cheating on you — he's with a rabbi.
- Julie: A rabbi? He's not Jewish, I'm Jewish!
- Veronica: ...Are you there yet?
- Veronica: [Doing the temptation scenario] I tried real hard, I just couldn't get the nuts off. I think they're just...too tight. But, I did just put lotion all over my hands so they're kinda slippery.
- Colin: [When asked his opinion on Veronica's appearance] You fall under...knows she's gorgeous, but likes to hear it anyways.
Ratings are based on Nielsen Media Research data and are obtained from Mediaweek.